Modern Prefab Homes vs. Site Built Homes in Blossom Valley
Prefab Means Built in a Factory
As you begin to look into building a new home a good option may be a modern prefab home if quality, cost and speed of construction are important to you. At USModular, Inc. we build Single Family Prefab Homes, Multifamily Prefab Homes and Accessory Dwelling Units with modern modular construction technology for clients throughout Blossom Valley.
Modern Prefab Homes vs. Site-Built Homes in Blossom Valley
While these terms are easy to figure out, there are differences that are not immediately apparent. Yes, a modern prefab home, aka modular home is just that…a home that is built in a factory. Once you choose your floor plan and permits are issued – the factory will frame and install all electrical, plumbing, insulation, drywall, windows and doors. Then they will complete the interior including countertops, cabinetry, carpet/flooring and another final finish work. All done inside the factory. Prefab homes are transported to the site and quickly assembled; ensuring minimal weather exposure. Once the sections of the house are assembled, utilities are connected and a short list of interior finish work is completed. Prefab Homes save time as the site will be completed while the home is being constructed. This also creates less impact on neighbors.
A site built home is one where all the components, right down to the lumber and fasteners are brought to your lot and assembled outdoors, piece-by-piece, and exposed to the weather during most of the process. The typical site built home has multiple subcontractors that operate independently, which generates traffic, noise and significant disruption to a neighborhood.
Advantages to Modern prefabricated homes in Blossom Valley
- Greener – All assembly is done under climate-controlled conditions. None of the building materials are exposed to the weather before or during construction. Before building materials are used, they are also stored indoors. In the construction of site-built homes, materials are exposed when stored on-site before use, and during most of the construction process until the home is fully sealed. Exposure to outdoor conditions, especially rain and moisture can cause increased expansion, contraction and warping and can increase the potential of mold problems.
- Stronger –Modern Prefabicated homes are generally stronger. They’re constructed to withstand transportation, and as a result, are sturdier once they’re on site.
- Faster – Prefabicated construction is more efficient. Site work and construction of your home can happen at the same time. And because all materials are on hand, there are no delays in material delivery. And weather-related delays are virtually non-existent. On average, you’ll be able to move in to your prefab home in far less time than conventional construction
- Savings – Building in a factory – can save time as site work and your home can be built simultaneously. Also less time reduces interest carry costs and gets you into your home faster – eliminating rent or dual mortgage payments. Prefab construction is less expensive as there is less waste and more building efficiencies via bulk material purchasing.
- Team – Building with USModular, Inc. and our team ensures a smooth process from design through permits and construction. One point of contact – will make life easier for owner, developer and lender.
To see many of our completed projects in Blossom Valley.or find a floor plan for your next project – visit our website at www.usmodularinc.com
USModular is a full-service design build general contractor serving a select area of Southern California. We are specialists in Prefab home construction projects.
CA Contractor Lic. No. 943047
CA HCD Dealer Lic. No. DL1241679